MCC How to Qualify
Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC) Program
How to Qualify
- Your household income and the purchase price must not exceed the limits shown below.
- You must not have owned a principal residence in the last three years unless you are a Qualified Veteran.
- You must occupy the home as your principal residence.
- You must apply for the MCC Program through a Participating Lender.
- You must purchase a home within the Eligibility Area.
MCC Program Maximum Income Limitations (2015)
|County||1-2 Person Family||3+ Person Family|
|Bastrop, Caldwell, Hays & Williamson||$76,800||$88,320|
MCC Program Maximum Purchase Price (New & Existing) (2015)
Bastrop, Caldwell, Hays & Williamson Counties $ 316,098
Blanco, Burnet, Fayette, Lee & Llano $ 258,690
Hays Targeted Area $ 386,342
Below are simple steps to help you navigate through the MCC Program:
Step 1: Read carefully the MCC Description.
Step 2: Find a Participating Lender – To find a participating lender call Lori Wood at 214.953.4231 or Sharon Gonzalez at 214.953.4122 or visit www.htshousing.com . Your lender will be able to help you through the steps listed below.
Step 3: After finding a property and having the seller accept your offer, open escrow. You may only apply for an MCC program when the escrow account is open; NOT after it is closed.
Step 4: Read and sign the MCC Application. Your lender will provide you with the application.
Step 5: Take the required Homebuyer Education.
Step 6: If your MCC Application is approved, the Program Administrator will issue your Lender a MCC Commitment and a MCC Closing Affidavit.
Step 7: Sign the MCC Closing Affidavit with the other closing documents at the end of escrow.
Step 8: That’s it! Look for your MCC document in the mail within 30 days after closing.